- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- Privacy policies of other websites
1. What data do we collect?While using the BRENDA website, we collect the following personal data:
- IP address (anonymized)
- Browser and browser version
- Computer operating system
- Screen resolution
- Visited url
- Referrer url
- Date and time
- First and last name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Support category, title and message
- Scientific field
- Encrypted password
- Newsletter permission
2. How do we collect your data?You directly provide BRENDA with most of the data we collect. We collect and process data when you:
- Register for a BRENDA account
- Interact with the support system (web form & contact email)
- Use or view the BRENDA website and SOAP API
- Matomo Analytics (first-party data)
Server log files are stored up to 3 months on the BRENDA servers. Analytics tracking data (Matomo) is stored at least 3 years.
3. How will we use your data?
BRENDA collects your data so that we can:
- Optimize performance and usability of the BRENDA website
- Optimize the BRENDA database content based on the users search
- Answer your support queries
- Email you BRENDA news
- Calculate anonymous quantitative statistics (website hits, unique users, downloads) to external stakeholders (e.g. applications for funding or database resource coalitions)
BRENDA will never share your personal data with anyone outside the BRENDA team!
4. How do we store your data?
BRENDA stores all of the collected data on the BRENDA servers located at the Technische Universität Braunschweig, Braunschweig, Germany.
5. What are your data protection rights?
BRENDA would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access - You have the right to request BRENDA for copies of your personal data.
The right to rectification - You have the right to request that BRENDA correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request BRENDA to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure - You have the right to request that BRENDA erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing - You have the right to request that BRENDA restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing - You have the right to object to BRENDA's processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability - You have the right to request that BRENDA transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using our support system.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
- Keeping you logged in
- Track returning visits
- Record your visited enzyme pages
What type of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, BRENDA only uses:
- Functionality - BRENDA uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously visited enzymes.
- Tracking - BRENDA uses cookie to track which sites you have visited on our website. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Additionally, you can opt-out the usage of cookies for analytical tracking:
7. Privacy policies of other websites